Sunday, September 27, 2009

True Blue Carolina


There are 347 Men's Division 1 basketball teams. Only 1 of those teams matters...the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. For as long as I can remember, I have been a Tarheel fan. Yes, I dabbled in the Michigan Fab Five era (I mean who wouldn't??? Baggy shorts, bald heads, black socks and that swagger) but on April 5, 1993, my heart bled Carolina blue. The rich tradition is unparalled. Kentucky and UCLA might CURRENTLY have more championship banners but I've filed that away in my mental file cabinet under "L" for lucky. Everyone gets lucky every now and again. Hell, even NC State has won two championships and their current coach bears an uncanny resemblance to this:









I've had the pleasure of attending several games on campus at the atmosphere is like no other!! Imagine a sea 0f 21,750 rabid fans frothing at the mouth, anticipating the slaughter of another sacrificial lamb.


There's a saying around here..."Nothing could be finer than Carolina." I agree.


1 comment:

  1. That Kool-Aid pic is hilarious! he does wear those loud red suites....

    ReplyDelete